Holiday Card time!

Holiday Card

It’s that time of year, when I finally get to slow down a bit and have some fun – with holiday cards, and some holiday ‘cheer’ – no not that┬ákind of cheer, well, maybe a little nip here or there…

This image was made, believe it or not, with an iphone App called Trigonscope. It creates kaleidoscopic patterns as you point the lens at whatever interests you, and it’s ‘trippy’ and fun! I’ve made several that look like they should be wrapping paper – and may become just that – ha ha. Not high res, sadly, but still fun to play with.

It’s been a wonderful year full of good times, surprises, changes, and new projects. We’ve met and made many new friends, wonderful photographers on our tours and workshops, and we are grateful for the opportunity to bring you all together in places that we love to share our ideas and passion for photography and creative expression.

Jed and I hope that your year was wonder-filled, and that the coming season and year ahead will be prosperous, joyful, and yes, challenging – in a good way! Keep finding and sharing the beauty of this world through your lens as only you can see and express it!

(This sounds like a final note for the month but it’s not – we are in the process of moving and so it’s a very busy time right in the midst of holiday stuff. You’ll hear from me again soon!)

Brenda Tharp
Brenda is an award-winning photographer, author, keynote speaker, workshop instructor and tour leader. Her acclaimed books include Creative Nature and Outdoor Photography, and Extraordinary Everyday Photography.
Brenda Tharp on BehanceBrenda Tharp on FacebookBrenda Tharp on FlickrBrenda Tharp on GoogleBrenda Tharp on InstagramBrenda Tharp on LinkedinBrenda Tharp on RssBrenda Tharp on TumblrBrenda Tharp on Twitter
This entry was posted in Brenda Tharp's Photo Blog, creative ideas, iphone Apps, iPhone art, photography, Special Effects and tagged , , .

9 Comments

1. hcg weight loss wiki August 17, 2014 at 1:18 am #

It also lets you add multiple portion sizes for your own foods.
    It is important to follow some exercising regime with the diet plan to gain extra benefits.
    However, after as little as ten minutes, occasionally a line appears in this area.

Feel free to visit my homepage … hcg weight loss wiki

2. facial plastic surgeon tampa bay July 16, 2014 at 4:14 pm #

Make sure you know how long it requires to recover from a
    plastic surgery process ahead of agreeing to it.
    Treatments for Treacher Collins syndrome commonly require surgery to
    remove the area in which blockage occurs. Furthermore, you need to really feel comfortable
    with the plastic surgeon you decide on.

My web site facial plastic surgeon tampa bay

3. Bodycon Dress Bcbg Color Block Dress July 12, 2014 at 11:12 am #

If or when your favorite game in your youth was creating clothes for your toys as well as creating creative changes in your very own apparel,
    then I think people such as you are absolutely those which are destined to become a fashion designer.
    Instead try a nice pair of wool or cotton chino dress trousers with a button down shirt, sweater vest, tie, and sport jacket.
    By searching on the net, one can find hundreds of fashion industry portals where all kinds of
    information related to European fashion are available in detail.

My web site – Bodycon Dress Bcbg Color Block Dress

4. Dory Blobner December 13, 2011 at 1:25 am #

Happy Holidays Brenda and Jed, You and your photos continue to inspire me. Such a great time in Oregon Coast and I hope to join you again when schedules permit. Just got back from two weeks in Jordan and Dubai. Wished I had been traveling with photographers but I did my best with my new walkaround lens: Tamron 18-270. Now I am off to the Philippines and Vietnam for a few months. Happy trails to you in 2012.

• Brenda December 14, 2011 at 9:06 am #

Happy Holidays to you, as well, Dory! It was such fun to be with you in Oregon. Sounds like you’ve been as busy as me the past months by the travels you’ve had – although more exotic. What fun! Let me know when you post pictures on line of all your journeys.

5. John - Visual Notebook December 9, 2011 at 8:07 am #

Cool image! I’m sure someone can transfer that to custom wrapping paper – not a bad idea.

Being someone with a “real” job, I’m finding work is piling up instead of dwindling, which is unusual for our company at this time of year. I guess it’s better than the alternative (not having a job), but I really do hope it slows a bit Christmas week!

Have a great Holiday Season!
    John

• Brenda December 9, 2011 at 11:21 pm #

Thanks, John! Yes, someone knows how to turn this into wrapping paper and I’ll be pursuing this idea with several of these designs, perhaps!

Have a lovely season, as well.

6. Karen Messick December 8, 2011 at 10:26 pm #

Hope all goes well with the move…fun Trigonscope image! Have a great holiday!

• Brenda December 8, 2011 at 10:51 pm #

Thanks, Karen! It’s going to be a busy month but it will be fun, too! I’ll keep you posted on changes in address/phone, etc.