September 15-26, 2018
Price: $8995 (see Strabo Tour site for more details)
Join Brenda Tharp on a Tanzania photo safari and experience what is still truly wild – both the landscapes and the animals. Our trip is timed to coincide with the annual migration of thousands of animals through the central & northern corridor of Tanzania so with luck we will witness the herds as they travel across the region to the Maasai Mara in Kenya.
Our photo safari gives you an in-depth view of the natural history of East Africa, while combining that with a special emphasis on wildlife photography. The photo safari will encompass visits to the elephant herds of Tarangire National Park, the wildlife of the Serengeti and Nogorongoro Crater. We’ll see all of the major plains animals, zebras, giraffes, impalas, gazelles, and other herbivores. There will also be baboons and monkeys, herds of water buffalo and other large animals, and some of the most wonderful bird life you will ever see.
This is Africa as you’ve always imagined it to be: the magic of a Serengeti sunset, the teeming wildlife of Ngorongoro Crater. A safari to Tanzania is a special adventure into the premier game-viewing country of Africa. Tanzania’s great game parks and reserves are unsurpassed anywhere in the world.
Special Features of This Tanzania Photo Safari
- Game Drives for Photographers and Naturalists
- Early mornings and late afternoons, for the best wildlife photography and light. Long days in the field. Excellent driver-guides who are sensitive to the needs of photo groups
- Seven passenger stretch vehicle, with limited number of photographers in each vehicle — a real luxury, but essential for photographers. We have instituted this policy to help lower our carbon footprint and for the past five years our participants have been in full support. (The safari vehicles we use are roomy 7 passenger “stretch” 4WD Land Rovers and Land Cruisers, chosen for their ruggedness and reliability
- Photographic expertise and leadership of Brenda Tharp
- The accommodations will be modern, deluxe lodges that are in harmony with their environment and are constructed of local materials. You will also stay in luxury-tented camps, immersing you in the sights and sounds of Africa. Food at all locations is well prepared and delicious
- Extensive readings and travel information will be supplied when you enroll.
For more information and to register for this Safari, click through to Strabo Photo Tours Tanzania Tour
Mother Zebra and Calf